This Blog is Stolen Property

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Empire of the Senseless

Actual conversation I had with a colleague this morning. I sometimes think that 90% of my life is spent having this conversation in one form or another:

C: What do you think of Daniel Craig as the new Bond?

F: I liked Layer Cake, I guess.

C: Yeah, Daniel Craig is ok, but I liked Timothy Dalton.

F: Was he the Falcon or the Snowman?

C: That's Timothy Hutton.

F: Which one was in Ordinary People?

C: Hutton. You know who I always get mixed up?Campbell Scott and Cameron Crowe. Not when I see them, just when I hear the name.

F: I get Campbell Scott and Griffin Dunne mixed up.

C: Griffin Dunne was the one in American Werewolf in London. Campbell Scott was in The Sheltering Sky. And Longtime Companion.

[is this guy coming on to me?]

F: Yeah, I know. That doesn’t help—I can’t ever remember what either of them looks like.

C: Patrick Dempsey played a guy named Griffin in The Player.

F: That was a good movie. Who's the guy who looks like Wallace Shawn?

C: No one looks like Wallace Shawn.

F: Does Bob Balaban look like Wallace Shawn?

C: No one looks like Wallace Shawn.

2 Comments:

  • I'm crying over here, Feemus. Hilarious and PERfect!!! Oh, man...

    By Blogger Claudia / PVS, at 9:05 AM  

  • Ok, so the next time I'm bitching about how much I work, remind me of this: that I spend several hours a week talking about Bob Balaban.

    It's a horrifying thought.

    By Blogger Feemus, at 2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home