This Blog is Stolen Property

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

The Gray Lady Needs Convalescent Care

The New York Times may still be the newspaper of record, but between Jayson Blair, David Brooks, and keeping quiet about the Presidential eavesdropping, I am beginning to think that the record is something by REO Speedwagon.

Remember when we had a competent and adversarial press? Me either.

Update: In the interest of full disclosure, I feel that I must confess to actually owning an REO Speedwagon album. It is called, "You Can Tune a Piano, But You Can't Tune a Fish." Maybe this is the record of which the NYT is the paper. To my fanbase (hi, Jeff), I apologize for not revealing my personal connection to this story in a timelier fashion. And I apologize unreservedly for owning an REO Speedwagon album.

I'm sure that I have never listened to it. Even if I have inhaled.