This Blog is Stolen Property

Monday, July 31, 2006

"The Jews Made Me Drink!"

Or did the liquor make me anti-Semitic?

I herewith issue a call to arms for all the respectable alcoholics and problem drinkers out there:

TAKE BACK YOUR DISEASE.

Look, alcoholics have got it pretty rough as it is. The boss hassles you. The wife nags. The head pounds. The liver swells. And let's face it - the hooch ain't cheap. Being a problem drinker on a middle-management salary takes some disciplined budgeting.

Or so I've heard.

The last thing an up-standing falling-down drunk needs is some guy saying that one of the side effects of booze is bigotry.

I've never heard of liquor making anyone hating Jews. Liking Steely Dan, MAYBE, but hating Jews? C'mon Mel.

I haven't felt this much schadenfreudic glee since the Virtue Czar got caught gambling. As I recall, HIS excuse was that he was rich. And that it's not a sin to gamble if you're rich.

Just like Jesus said in the Sermon on the Mount: "And the rich shall have a different set of standards for personal morality."

That was right after his rant about how the Jews totally control the papyrus industry.

1 Comments:

  • Oh, God! I'm so glad no one wrote down all the wonderful things I said when I got picked up for DUI!! I'm sure I was brilliant and generous at the time, though...

    By Blogger Claudia / PVS, at 3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home