This Blog is Stolen Property

Friday, August 25, 2006

CFP of the Day

Going through the 300+ emails I got while I was on vacation (I've received many generous offers to enlarge both my penis and my breasts), I found a series of "calls for papers" for The Jewish Studies Area of the Popular Culture Association 2007 conference. Among calls for papers on topics such as Yiddish theater, Jewish Mythology, and the Kabbalah, someone is asking for papers for a panel entitled:

Jews in Space

Sometimes it's hard to take my life seriously.

Runners up include: "Superheros Revised" and an update on a previous CFP which proudly announces the superfluity of participants for "Violently Shakespeare." I am not really sure why I think this is so funny (jetlag, maybe), but I think it's pretty damn funny.

Update: I somehow missed this one:

CFP: Sex with God: Monotheism and the Eroticized Framing of the Human-Divine relation


One suggested sub-topic was:

The function of imaginative transgendering in eroticized conceptualization of the human-divine relation in Medieval religious writing

Ladies and gentlemen, we may have a new winner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home