This Blog is Stolen Property

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Totem Poem

So, today was the semi-annual book purge chez Feemus. My intention was to keep all my "totem" books (see previous post), with the stipulation that I would actually read them.

There is an exception.

I have had A Brief History of Time on my shelf for about a decade and a half and I don't think I've ever even OPENED it. That book just ain't gettin' read.

It is in the pile headed for McIntyre and Moore, puveyors (and purchasers) of used books.

In honor of this fallen totem, I offer the following text-stat elegy (I still can't find a good name for this genre--any suggestions accepted gratefully).

small black body...
bang!
energy expanding.
matter expanding.
another small space,
black hole:
gravity must matter.

4 Comments:

  • An Amazoem?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:31 AM  

  • Oh my: A Brief History of Time is one of the easier ones to read, as I recall -- I carried that around for a few weeks in the late eighties, was it??? I actually got the first couple of paragraphs read. When people ask me if I've ever read it (as they are wont to do) I tell them, "Oh yes, but I didn't finish it."

    That and anything by Thomas Moore (not More: "...the Devil, that prowde sprite..cannot endure to be mocked." I've got TWO books by Moore on my shelf that I've never read. Why? Cause I don't wanna read Moore, that's why!!

    How's that for digression?

    By Blogger Claudia / PVS, at 9:55 AM  

  • Genius, Dwight!!!

    By Blogger Feemus, at 12:00 PM  

  • I think you should call it "off."

    Seriously, call it off.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home