This Blog is Stolen Property

Friday, August 04, 2006

CFP? A-OK!

More wacky calls for papers from my inbox:

Among the usual CFPs for work on "Queer Masculinities" and "Dramatic Enactments of Suffering Bodies in Restoration England," were these gems:

"How to Brow" (To what? To brow? Is that a verb? Is that even a thing?)

"Eudora Welty and Detective Fiction" (?)

and my personal favorite:

"American Medieval: American Popular Culture in Medieval Film"

Huh? Is it just me, or does this sound like it's about movies made in the Middle Ages where the characters quote Seinfeld or something?

Like that great 13th century classic, "Heigh Fydelyte."

Peter Travers of Rollynge Stone raved: "A konnynge scrite. Ich lawhyed, for ich ben wel plesyd."

2 Comments:

  • I'm sorry I'm so slow to respond...but this is funny! You keep writing them and I'll keep reading them (and eventually getting them, too, sooner or later), okay?

    By Blogger Claudia / PVS, at 9:42 PM  

  • When you get them--let me know! I've always been convinced that I was making sense, I just wasn't sure what kind of a sense it was...

    By Blogger Feemus, at 7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home