This Blog is Stolen Property

Thursday, October 12, 2006

I am an Idiot

I've given up believing that I am ever going to grow as a human being.

I was in the elevator at work today. I almost never take the elevator (I say it's because I like the exercise, but really it's because I'm claustrophobic), but I do now and then. So in five years, I've probably taken this elevator 40 or 50 times.

And I never noticed it.

There's a little button that says: "Push here for emergency assistance."

And someone has painstakingly effaced the "istance."

I started laughing, and then an elderly and distinguished person got on the elevator and she asked what was funny. Which made it even funnier.

I am still pretty much in junior high. I guess by now I'm too old to grow up.

4 Comments:

  • College vandals are the funniest vandals.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:35 AM  

  • That's our school motto, coincidentally.

    By Blogger Feemus, at 8:02 AM  

  • I'm sure it's pithier in Latin.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:37 PM  

  • I'm using "pithier" in a sentence tomorrow, if possible.

    And Feemus, I love this, but I'm too tired to say why -- Good night.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home