This Blog is Stolen Property

Saturday, December 16, 2006

I Hate the Red Sox

I might hate them almost as much as I hate the Yankees.

Almost.

Now the kids all tell Old Feemus not to "playa hate." I only vaguely understand what that means, but I am afraid that I might be in violation. Because hate I do. But I don't hate the playa, I hate the front office.

After paying over $50 million JUST TO TALK to Daisuke Matsuzaka, the Sox have now signed him to a $50+ million contract, bringing the total amount of their investment to over $103 million. For one player.

That's more than many teams spend for their entire payroll.

It's not just the obscenity of outlay. It's that the cloyingly self-described "Red Sox Nation" persists in whining about how much money the Yankees have.

Get fucking over it, Sox fans. You won the World Series already.

Peel the tired "Yankees Suck" bumper stickers off the cars you don't know how to drive and get used to this fact: You're one of the fucking Haves. Let the Have-Nots do the whining.

They should get at least that much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home