This Blog is Stolen Property

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Peyton Place Redux

Ok, I hate gossip. It's toxic at worst, time-wasting at best.

BUT...you wouldn't believe what's going on at work. Over lunch, I just got filled in on 18 months' worth of dirt. Since only one person at work has penetrated my veil of anonymity (is that a mixed metaphor?) and he was the one who told me most of these developments, I think it's safe to share this with all of you. I've to tell SOMEONE.

The department's premier lesbian power couple has broken up. I was devasted by this news, because if there's one thing Feemus likes, it's a lesbian power couple. Rowr (hey--I TRY to be liberated, but there's only so much I can do...)!

BUT--there is a NEW lesbian power couple who is EVEN HOTTER than the now defunct one. Whew (I guess it's true what I learned in physics class--nature abhors a power-lesbian-couple vacuum). Apparently, they've been a couple for several years now, but I knew nothing about it.

SPJ's controversial tenure appointment has led to all kinds of (almost assuredly untrue) rumors about sexual liaisons with both students and faculty members. These rumors have made SPJ both a hero and a martyr--due to their transparent flaseness--and have actually bolstered his reputation in the department.

SD and PM are totally having an affair, which is made even stickier by the fact that everyone seems to know, except for SD's husband who is good friends with PM. Plus, everyone thought that PM was gay.

No one likes DK. Which surprised me. I mean, I don't like him either, but I'd been under the impression that other people did.

Wow--gossiping is kind of a rush. But promise me you won't tell anyone....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home