This Blog is Stolen Property

Monday, June 11, 2007

A Day in the Life of the World's Laziest Man

I'm working from home this week, which is nice, but not always productive of work.

This morning, I was getting some leftover tabouleh out of the refrigerator for breakfast. And I don't know how it happened, but the bowl slipped out of my hands. Everything was in slo-mo: I could see the bowl falling and the tabouleh flying in excruciating detail. I heard myself yelling "nnnnnnnooooooooooooo!."

And then everything went back to normal time and I had about a quart and a half of salad everywhere. All over inside the refrigerator. Down in the vents of the refrigerator. All over the floor, the countertop, the cupboards. All over me--bits of tomato and cucumber and bulgher in my hair and on my glasses. Everything smelt of garlic and mint.

So I spent the morning cleaning up. I actually had to bust out the old screwdriver and take the refrigerator apart in order to get it all up. There's still a faint sheen of olive oil on the cupboards and I don't think I'll ever get the garlic smell off me. I'm half tempted to go the mikvah down the block and see if they can help.

I have given up on work. I still haven't had any breakfast. I am going to the movies.

5 Comments:

  • Movie popcorn is the real breakfast of champions.

    By Blogger jjdebenedictis, at 8:19 PM  

  • Sorry Feemus, but that sounds good. I mean your recipe (I had to write "recipe" because I can't spell that other word).

    So what movie did you see? Whadja eat?

    I think I'm hungry...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:02 PM  

  • Are you guys going to see BUG?

    I think that's what it's called...the new horror movie directed by Wm.Freidken or whoever directed The Exorcist?

    I can't WAIT to see it. I'm taking Mr. Claud on a date.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:04 PM  

  • I haven't seen Bug--is it good? Did you like it? Did the Mister like it?

    I went to see (don't judge me) Knocked Up, because it was that or Saw. It was actually kinda okay. Just kinda. I didn't eat anything. I actually don't like movie popcorn. Is that weird?

    I discovered a marvellous thing about the cinema in my neighborhood. If you go there in the middle of the day and are under 70, you are almost guaranteed to be the youngest one there. It's terrific--I felt like quite the young lion! Plus, very quiet.

    Feemus's Tabouleh Recipe:

    Pour three cups boiling water on one and a half cups bulgher wheat with a generous pinch of salt. Cover and let sit for 20 minutes or so. Remove cover and fluff with fork.

    While the bulgher is soaking, chop a couple of cucumbers and several tomatoes and a bunch of scallions (I usually cut off and reject the top third or so of the green part).

    Finely chop a great big bunch of parsley (when you're at the point when you say: "Sweet Fancy Moses that's too much parsley!" that's almost enough) and about half that much mint. I like flat leaf (Italian) parsley for this, but the curly kind is okay, too.

    Chop some garlic.

    Toss everything together and dress with olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper. I like to juice the lemon first and let the chopped garlic sit in it while all the other business is going on, so that the flavors begin to marry. But that's not necessary.

    Once you've got everything mixed, throw liberally around the kitchen and inside the refrigerator. Make sure that no crevice, however small, is spared. Toss vigorously into hair and clothing.

    By Blogger Feemus, at 7:14 PM  

  • Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!

    Printing it off now.

    Thanks, Feemus!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home