This Blog is Stolen Property

Monday, July 09, 2007

Valediction

Feemus Unplugged

This Blog is Abandoned Property

I couldn't come up with a very clever title. It's just as well.

I am taking temporary leave (sabblogtical?) for a month. I am going to try to live an unplugged life. I'm hoping it will improve eyestrain and attitude. I'm hoping it will reconnect me with what it means to be part of the solution. I'm hoping it will remind me that the revolution will not be brought to us by Xerox. I am hoping that it makes me less crabby and more productive.

It will probably just make me want to watch tv and read (even possibly write) blogs. Ah, well.

I think tv and computers and blogs are great, mind you, I just need to restore some balance. I think I'll still listen to the radio, though. I mean, I gotta have Car Talk.

I hope to see you all in a month.

9 Comments:

  • Just got back from a family vacation to find this, Feem.

    Good for you and don't forget "What Do You Know" (do you get that where you are? Michael Feldman's radio show from my good old home state of Wisconsin)!

    See you in a month!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:22 AM  

  • 1 month! A whole month? Well...I guess everybody needs a vacation (I haven't touched my own blog in about a month so I'm not one to complain).

    You will be missed.
    We will be waiting.

    Cya when you get back.

    Benticore
    Out

    By Blogger Benticore, at 9:40 AM  

  • Admit it: you just don't want anyone to spoil Harry Potter 7 for you before you've read it.

    'Fess up, Feem.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:51 PM  

  • Feemus, I'll miss you. I wish you well on your sabbatical. Betcha it flies by, and you'll come back refreshed and more curmudgeonly than before. I know I did.

    I'll be here when you plug back in.

    XOXOXOXOX

    By Blogger Sherri, at 6:30 AM  

  • He's not going to answer us. Sniff. Should we make up a Feemus Song for him?

    "My FEEEmus lies over the ocean...
    My FEEmus lies over the sea...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:56 AM  

  • Now that's what I call a vacation.

    By Blogger Dwight's Writing Manifesto, at 7:15 PM  

  • Hellooooo...

    Yep, abandoned. Yay, now we can talk about him. Anybody got any good Feemus stories?

    By Blogger Sherri, at 8:57 PM  

  • I heard he leans a little to the left.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:34 AM  

  • Wow--is Dwight back in the blogosphere? A fellow misses a lot in three weeks. New photo...when troubled teens grow up...

    "What Do You Know" is good. And "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me." It almost makes up for Terry Gross (against whom I bear some unreasoning dislike).

    I saw the Car Talk guys in the coffee shop I go to not long ago. I didn't realize what I total goober I am until that moment. Or, rather, I didn't understand the full extent of my gooberhood. Because it was all I could do not to squirm in my seat and say to my companion: "Oooh..ooh..it's Click and Clack the Tappet Brothers."

    Sherri, if you want to know some good Feemus stories, I've got a bunch. I know ALL his secrets.

    By Blogger Feemus, at 5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home