This Blog is Stolen Property

Thursday, August 09, 2007

I Know I Promised No More Sports, But...

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi recently issued this statement:

Tonight, Barry Bonds etched his name into baseball's history books and took his rightful place among the sport's immortals.

Um, Ms. Pelosi, I don't mean to be a noodge, but isn't there a war on? And, you know, like, global poverty and unaccounted-for weapons-grade plutonium and state-sanctioned torture and a federal government that's rife with cronyism and corruption?? Shouldn't you be trying to get us back some of our civil liberties instead of issuing statements about the Giants' game???

Also, we write in books, Ms. Pelosi. We do not etch in them. I know it's petty to carp on mixed metaphors, but petty is just how I roll. Today, anyway.

And also, sheesh--his "rightful place among the sport's immortals"? Hyperbolic much? Her statement continued to say that Randy Johnson is "Adonis-like" and that Jim Thome is "a fierce intellectual" and that Floyd Landis is "an undisputed champion."

P.S. I now officially promise to stop blathering about sports and to stop hating on Bonds (who I really don't hate, and heck records get broken all the time. Although I was a little upset when Bonds broke Rickey Henderson's record for walks. But I got over it). Although most of the hate in this post is for Pelosi. Get back to work, lady.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home