This Blog is Stolen Property

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

This Just In: America Likes Breasts

Just not Hilary's.

Ok, I know I'm a month or so late in getting to this, but.....seriously, what's the deal with the Washington Post covering, so to speak, Hilary Clinton's cleavage???

Granted, it was in a fashion column, but still. Who the fuck cares? Is this relevant?

Now, as you all know, I am no supporter of Clinton. She's a classic Depublican. And it sickens me that she can't admit that her votes on the Patriot Act and the authorization of force in Iraq were wrong, while she criticizes the Bush administration for these very things. Blech.

But in terms of appearance, this woman is between a rock and a hard place. I remember when her husband was campaigning the first time and everyone criticized her hair for being "too severe" and her clothes for being too conservative. And now her tits are making the Washington Post "uncomfortable" for being too "private" while not being "forthright" enough. Forthright?

I don't even want to know what that means.

It just shows to go you how little things have changed. The male candidates clothes do make the news with sickening frequency, but it's nothing like the scrutiny that Clinton's (and Rice's, for that matter) do. It's vulgar and pandering.

Let's all take our cue from Bill and just ignore Hilary's breasts entirely.

Was that a cheap shot? Oh dear, I'm as bad as the Post.


In other political news, my boy Kucinich kicked some ass last night in the debates. Go Dennis. Everyone likes an underdog. Except for, you know, the press and the financial backers and the primary voters and...

Well, I like Dennis. Not only is he unflaggingly honest and decent and fearless, he's the only one of the candidates to have had the mafia put a hit out on him. A mafia hit!!

6 Comments:

  • AND he's got a good-looking wife, too.

    Sincerely,

    Keeping It Relevant In MT

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:14 AM  

  • Hilarious, Claud.

    True, too. And she's, what--19? 20?

    Hey, maybe we can both get jobs at the Post...

    By Blogger Feemus, at 11:26 AM  

  • And I have to admit to a certain satisfaction I have about his wife's being a knockout.

    The first time I saw her, I have to admit, I was pleased.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:56 PM  

  • You know, I'm a little ambivalent about the unsettlingly hot wife.

    One the one hand, you know, humina humina. And it sets the universe a little bit to right whenever nerds hook up with the beautiful people. And they make a ridiculously cute couple and they seem to really dig one another.

    On the other hand, it's just such a cliche. Powerful man marries beautiful woman half his age. Not that there's anything wrong with it (some of my best friends are cliches). But it's kind of like hearing a musician you like asked about his influences and he says "The Beatles." Really? You like The Beatles? Do you like Shakespeare and Picasso, too? Because that would be original. Really, Kucinich? You like tall beautiful young women?

    I know this is a total nitpick. And it's not like I'd be happier to find out he has a grandma fetish or something.

    And...(on the seventh hand), she is eye-scorchingly hot so he can be forgiven a slight lapse in originality.

    It was grumpy of me to nitpick.

    By Blogger Feemus, at 8:34 PM  

  • On the eighth hand, you're right of course. And on the ninth, if you're grumpy, Feem, it's the heat.

    It's all heat and smoke where I am and everybody and I mean EVERYBODY is just a little touchy, sarcastic, picky, tired, bored, and irritable.

    Good times!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:31 AM  

  • The heat finally broke here--dropped about 30 degrees in a day and now it's all thunderstorms (and you know, I AM less grumpy), but my god the rest of the country is in dire straits. You all have my sympathy.

    SO now I'll be nicer. Because I too like Shakespeare and the Beatles and pretty girls.

    By Blogger Feemus, at 8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home