This Blog is Stolen Property

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Atlanta--Hot or Not?

As is probably evident from the spottiness of my recent posts, I am crazy busy. And will be for the next two weeks or so. I don't know how I can work so many hours and still have so little done. Sigh.

Soon, all will be normal again. I hope.


BUT, I have a question for all and sundry: is Atlanta nice? I am going there--I've never been and I hear wildly conflicting things: that it's a forward-thinking cosmopolis. That it's a cesspool of urban sprawl and squicky nostalgia.

Anyone know the town? What's the deal? What should I do there?

4 Comments:

  • I was there once in the summer of 1988ish, I think. What I remember best was that I could sit outside at night and there were no bugs. It was hot and breezy and I didn't have to hide from mosquitos. I LOVED that. I was downtown, and I think we were staying at the Wingate? It was new and ritzy, I remember that. I was so young! Sniff!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:13 PM  

  • No mosquitos? Good to know!! And not what I'd have expected. Maybe I'll try to sneak in some hiking...

    Thanks, C.

    By Blogger Feemus, at 8:24 AM  

  • "What should I do there?"

    Sit in traffic like everybody else, Brother.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:01 AM  

  • damn--I was afraid of that.

    this may mean that I will actually WORK while I am there. Ah, well.

    By Blogger Feemus, at 5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home