This Blog is Stolen Property

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Omnia Fert Aetas

In my halfhearted attempt to find new employment, I am in the process of updating my job materials. In particular, my CV.

Now, as a lazybones, it didn't surprise me much to see that I had little to add since I last updated it.

What did feel a bit like a punch in the gut, though, was looking at the "Languages" section. I had German listed. I tried to think of one single thing in German. And couldn't. The old memory couldn't dredge up anything.

I am actually getting LESS qualified. If this trend continues, pretty soon my CV will just be my name.

At least it will have brevity going for it.

I wonder if old arthritic ninjas feel like this when they have to strike "hand-to-hand" off their resumes.

No, they probably still feel pretty awesome. Because they're ninjas.

I wish I were a ninja.

3 Comments:

  • "Ich trinke limonade gern!" That's as much German as I've EVER known, Feemus.

    But I did used to really cute, and the truth is, I'm not quite as cute as I was when I was 25...sigh.

    I wish I was a Ninja, too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:52 AM  

  • Were. Were a ninja, too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:10 AM  

  • Hee hee.

    Well, I guess you have to cross "effective spontaneous use of the subjunctive" off your resume!

    It was never on mine. "Was" always sounds fine to me.

    I'm pretty sure that "cute" is still quite accurate, Claud.

    By Blogger Feemus, at 10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home