This Blog is Stolen Property

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Better than Ann Coulter

Ok, here's a quote from Gerald Schoenewolf, the man who wants to put an end to political correctness and the "victim culture" that it perpetuates:

When I tried to talk to anybody about my views, even educated people who I assumed would be open-minded, a glazed, hardened expression would come into their eyes. Before long they made it clear that what I was saying was heresy. If I persisted in these views their eyes would begin to gleam and they would throw the usual labels at me -- sexist, homophobe, bigot, racist. When I attempted to assert my views in my writings, my papers and books were either trashed (a typical reviewer dismissed my book, Sexual Animosity Between Men and Women, as the work of a "sexist") or, even worse, ignored.

Hilarious. Seriously.

This is a guy who's gonna teach us NOT to be victims??

This is what logic textbooks of the 22nd century will call the Larry Summers Fallacy: Asserting that if people don't agree with you, your exercise of free speech has been curtailed.

Christ Alldamnmighty, if I had a dollar for every time what I said was "trashed" or "ignored," then, I don't know. I'd have a lot of money. I bet there are billions of people RIGHT NOW who are ignoring my work.

Should I blame the conservatives? Are THEY the reason that I am being so widely ignored? Or is it because I am blogging rather shrilly on a very tired subject on a Sunday night when normal people are spending time with their families? Hmmm...it's easier to think that I am a victim of anti-free speechers who are ingnoring me on purpose than to think that people just aren't interested in my crackpot ravings.

Update: "Dr." Schoenewolf got his much vaunted PhD from the non-accredited Union Institute of Cincinnati, which serves the tri-state area through its distance learning programs. Just what I want in a health care provider.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home