This Blog is Stolen Property

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Catching Up

I have worked 42 hours since Monday. I have slept in my office the last two nights. I look (and, I am afraid) smell like a man who has slept in his office the last two nights (ok, I did shower at the gym so I don't smell TOO bad).

I have had so much work to do that a bunch of bees would look at the work and say: "damn, Feemus--you're busy."

If they were talking bees, that is. And not so freakin' self-involved that they could see past their own little hive and care about someone else's problems for a change. Bees can be so selfish.

Stupid selfish bees.

Where was I? Oh yes, I've been working 80+ hours a week for the past month. The funny thing is, I am not sure what I accomplished. Nothing I can put my finger on. I guess that's not so much "funny" as "maddening."

What I do know is that for the next five days, I am not going to work any more than is absolutely necessary. And I am not going to a single meeting. Even if I have to lie to get out of it.

I have no idea what is going on in the world. Is the war still on? Is Paris Hilton still skanky?

Here's to getting caught up on my life and the news and the blogosphere!

3 Comments:

  • You missed Britney Spears shaving her head, going into and coming out of "treatment."

    I'm so so sorry that I have this information to impart. I cannot avoid it, any more than I can avoid seeing pictures of Anna Nicole Smith.

    The situation, as my favorite high school teacher Mr. Huth used to say, is "beneath criticism."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:09 PM  

  • You know, it's unsettling how these things creep into your consciousness. I remember when the JonBenet murder was in the news (the first time); I avoided news of it like it was germs and I STILL seemed to know all the details. I didn't own a tv, I never read about it in the paper, and I only listened to public radio. And yet I knew an alarming number of details. I actually remember the moment when it hit me how much I knew and how I couldn't figure out HOW I knew it, It's pretty freaky.

    Just because something is "beneath criticism" doesn't mean I won't give it a shot!

    By Blogger Feemus, at 7:50 AM  

  • Robert came home last night and turned on the T.V. He goes, "Hey, did you hear the news -- Britney Spears shaved her head! I wonder if anything else happened today..."

    And Feemus, I NEVER watch the news...and yet.

    I wonder if any of our pals in Ireland are hearing about this...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home