This Blog is Stolen Property

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Worst. Product. Ever.

My bus stop is right by a florist's shop. I peeked in the window today and saw a display of mylar balloons.

There were balloons for birthdays and balloons for sick people and balloons for anniversaries.

And there was one balloon that had a large bouquet of cartoon roses pictured on it. It read: "I'M SORRY."

Now, as much as I think that giving flowers is a pretty lame, mechanical way to apologize, giving a child's plaything with a PICTURE of the flowers you didn't buy is just deeply deeply stupid.

What kind of person buys a balloon to say he's sorry?

The kind who doesn't care if he ever has sex again, I guess.

Second worst product: I bought some soap the other day. It was the liquid kind. It was sort of orangish, pretty innocuous looking. To the extent I thought about what it might smell like, I probably assumed that it was citrusy.

It was NOT citrusy. It was--I am not kidding--Patchouli scented. Ugh--who is this being marketed toward? The Patchouli-wearing crowd and the soap-using crowd aren't precisely coterminus.

just sayin'.

4 Comments:

  • Hilarious, hilarious.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:02 PM  

  • I was thinking maybe doctors could start sending us our diagnoses on mylar balloons: YOU'VE GOT CANCER (frowny-face on back), etc.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:40 PM  

  • That's hilarious. Maybe the insurance companies could get in on it to:

    "You've reached your cap."

    Maybe there could be a cartoon of a penis on the other side, just to drive home (so to speak) the point: "Buddy, You're Fucked."

    By Blogger Feemus, at 5:01 AM  

  • Now THAT is a fine image! VERY nice!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home