This Blog is Stolen Property

Monday, March 12, 2007

Whoo hoo!!

I have a cousin in the Army who's been deployed to Iraq three times. They've been stalling his retirement. The whole thing sucks ass. He served in the Gulf War, in Bosnia, Korea. You name a shithole, he's been there.


BUT I just found out that he's sustained a minor injury and will be coming home for good. No chance of redeployment.

As I rejoice, I realize that this means that someone else's family member will be risking their life and missing their kids grow up for an unjust and ill-planned war.

But I can't help being happy. Welcome home!!!

Hell, I've even forgotten about my self-flagellating shoe dilemma.

Oh, damn. I just reminded myself.

4 Comments:

  • This is just the best news ever, Feemus. (big sigh!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:28 AM  

  • Thanks SO much, Claud.

    I am just over the moon. He's got two kids and a wife who miss him very much and we've all just been sick about it. He's enlisted, so he's been in the thick of things, although not in a combat position.

    My heart goes out to all the other families whose relatives are not so lucky.

    By Blogger Feemus, at 8:47 AM  

  • It is great to know that someone got home, someone is okay. I have a GORGEOUS niece who enlisted right in the beginning of this mess and fortunately got out of her contract...I cannot imagine the horrors that awaited her there, truly I can't, and don't want to.

    Are you celebrating? I'll celebrate by saying a whole bunch of thankyous!!

    claud

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:20 AM  

  • I am celebrating, but since I live 3000 miles from the rest of my family (usually a good thing!), I am mostly doing it vicariously.

    I am glad about your neice. This war sucks.

    And when I think about all those Iraqi families who are losing their relations who aren't even IN the military, I just feel sick. The number of civilian casualties is something like 50000-60000, isn't it?

    That's about how many US soldiers dies in Vietnam. Somehow, I don't think these people are getting a memorial.

    By Blogger Feemus, at 7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home