This Blog is Stolen Property

Friday, April 20, 2007

Lawyers Are Funny

But not "ha ha " funny.

I was waiting for the bus this evening trying to ignore the bagpipe busker, and I overheard these three lawyers talking. They were all three impossibly young and well-dressed and good-looking. One was telling a story, which was received with great mirth.

A: And he totally didn't account for contributory liability.

B: [laughing incredulously] Get out.

A: I know, right? Can you imagine? [laughs]

C: How can you not account for contributory liability? That's hilarious.

They all laughed like frat boys at a fart joke.

But I have a hard time believing that it's actually funny. Even if I knew what "contributory liability" is.

Then I got on the bus and sat next to Scab Picking Man and across from No Boundary Music School Guy Who Sings Opera The Whole Fucking Busride.

And that's the story of my commute.

The End.

2 Comments:

  • Where's your sense of humor, Feemus? They didn't account for contributory liability?? That is a frickin SCREAM!

    You're really starting to make me miss living in the city and taking the bus, you know. There really is so much material there -- so much to savor before and after work. Sniff. The good old days.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:07 AM  

  • I can't tell if you're kidding!!

    Some days I'd give anything to just not be around people. Just for a week to be not crowded and jostled and busked at (esp. by bagpipers!).

    Damn you, buskers!!

    By Blogger Feemus, at 8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home