This Blog is Stolen Property

Monday, April 16, 2007

They Really ARE From Another Planet

I know it seems like I make these students up just to amuse you all.

If I didn't see some of these emails with my own four eyes, I wouldn't believe them either. From the kid who, in his delirium, could only write in German to the girl who wanted me to hold private sessions with her so that she wouldn't miss choir practice, the shamelessness of these people really is almost unbelievable.

Here's the latest. I have a student who has an essay that is a MONTH LATE. Now, I'm a procrastinator, so I am reflexively sympathetic to procrastinators. But a MONTH??

Oh, and that's AFTER the extension I granted her.

So anyway, I emailed her to ask about the status of her essay. This is her reply:

Hey Feemus,
Yeah, about that. I told my resident dean to get ahold of you. I guess he forgot.

JustGotAnF

Wow, really? You told the dean to get you out of doing your work and he didn't follow orders? Shocking.

Really, it's just so hard to find good deans these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home