This Blog is Stolen Property

Friday, April 06, 2007

Religion Makes People Grumpy

Everyone I know is grouchy this week. Half of them are wearying of their Lenten abstentions. The other half are in carb-withdrawal until Passover is over.

A group of girls behind me on the subway yesterday had this conversation:

A: Let's get some pizza.

B: I can't have pizza.

A: Why not?

B: Passover.

C: That's stupid.

B: You can't say it's stupid. You're not Jewish.

A: Well, I'm Jewish and it's stupid. There.

C: Hey--sorry. I didn't mean anything. I gave up chocolate for Lent.

A: That's stupid.

Everyone should be much happier come Wednesday. "A" will probably still be a bitch, though.

2 Comments:

  • Yes, Feemus. It certainly does.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:46 AM  

  • Yeah. It turns out it's not just durning Lent, either!

    By Blogger Feemus, at 5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home