This Blog is Stolen Property

Monday, April 16, 2007

The Old Gray Mare, He Ain't What He Used to Be

I have, as I mentioned, had houseguests this week. Which was wonderful, but it's forced me to confront two slightly unpleasant truths:

1. I am old.

2. I am lazy.

After 10 days of just barely fulfilling my responsibilities as a host, I feel as if my bones have been replaced by oatmeal and my brain by something mushier than oatmeal.

A week and a half of having fun and being active and missing out on a little sleep and I am totally ready for a "Matlock" marathon on the Hallmark channel.

Maybe a nice game of checkers.

5 Comments:

  • What?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:20 AM  

  • (at least you can still hear)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:21 AM  

  • Hey, if makes you feel any better, I'm still short of 30 and I feel that way after only 3 or 4 days of family visits.

    By Blogger RogueHistorian, at 8:33 AM  

  • HAR HAR! FEEMUS is OLD! HAR HAR!

    ...wait a second.

    My back hurts. My brain is mush. Im not much for Matlock but watching the food network all day from the couch sounds inviting. That beer at the pub with the fellas? Maybe next week slips past my lips before I can stop it.

    Crap. Dammit I'm old too.

    =0(

    Benticore
    Out

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:33 PM  

  • "What?"

    Hilarious!!

    Man, we are falling apart. And the Rogue's not even THIRTY.

    Ok, I am going to start going to the gym five days a week. And Benticore? I ORDER you to go to the pub.

    I'm off to buy some Geritol.

    By Blogger Feemus, at 9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home