This Blog is Stolen Property

Thursday, May 10, 2007

?????

I've been going through some handwritten notes for work and came across this word, plain as day and in my own handwriting:

sanyindecerou

I have no idea what it means.

It almost looks like: "sang indecorously."

Which is, by the bye, the only way in which old Feemus ever does sing.

The context gives no clue. It's not even clear what part of speech it's meant to be. I wonder if I was having a stroke or something while I was writing?

I once did some translating for someone from a very old and much-transcribed manuscript. As is often the case, the scribe(s) didn't know the languages well--or at all--and so the some of the bits were just almost gibberish. It took me hours just to figure out what language some of the stuff was in.

This was like that, except that 1., I wrote it in what I presumably intended to be English, and 2. I wasn't getting paid.

Still, I'd like to know what the hell it means.

10 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home