This Blog is Stolen Property

Saturday, May 05, 2007

The Week in Review

Blog posts planned but not written:

1. Ridiculous conversation overheard on the bus.

2. Slightly hysterical ranting about Nicolas Sarkozy and how if he's elected the world will end.

3. Nostalgic post about how much better the Iran-Contra Hearings were than the Gonzales ones (from and entertainment perspective).

4. Bitching about my job (oh wait, I actually wrote that one).

5. A look back at the Larry Summers comments about women in the sciences.

6. A cautionary tale about eating sushi from the cafeteria (the gist of which would have been: "don't"; but the post would have been simultaneously touching and funny. As long as you find food poisoning touching and funny. Which maybe you don't. So maybe this was a post best left unwritten. But seriously, don't eat sushi in a place that also serves hamburgers and burritos).

But....the weather has been too damned nice. I have been trying to work myself up into my usual fever pitch of thin-skinned annoyance and self-congratualtory moral outrage, but it's too hard when the sun is shining and trees are finally starting to get leafy.

I sometimes think that if I moved to San Diego or somewhere like that I would lose all trace of personality.

Luckily, it's going to rain tomorrow so maybe I can get back to normal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home