This Blog is Stolen Property

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

What Fresh Hell is This??

Yeah, yeah. I know I've been tagged again. I'm getting to it. Get off my back, will you?

But in the mean time, I would like a little e-sympathy for my current pitiable and debilitating situation: I have an Eagles song stuck in my head.

All day I have found myself humming "There ain't no way to hide your lyin' eyes."

Ugh.

I once had a conversation with some folks about dealbreakers. You know, those things that will keep you from even getting into a relationship with someone. My friend Steve's is if a girl wears a pink baseball cap. My friend Julie's is if a guy talks about money. Mine is if someone really likes The Eagles.

Although if she's hot enough....

Anyway, more thoughtful posts to follow. After I get this damned song out of my head.

On the plus side, I ate the last of the green beans for breakfast this morning and I am now officially done with Thanksgiving leftovers. So we'll call it even.

3 Comments:

  • I can cure you! Just read the magical, mystical sentences below and I can practically guarantee you won't have that Eagles song stuck in your head anymore!



    Dale a tu cuerpo alegria, Macarena
    Heeeey, Macarena!



    (I never promised you would thank me for it, however.)

    By Blogger jjdebenedictis, at 6:26 PM  

  • Fresh Hell! You sure got a way with words, Feemus.

    JJ, I'm so pleased that I do not know the melody to that one, and you should be too, since I'd probably have to kill you if I did.

    And Feem, the Eagles are bad but I still say this line is the worst:

    Time keeps on slippin, slippin, slippin, into the fuuture...

    Cured now?

    Here's a nice thing I did yesterday, and you might try it, too: I went and listened to Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered, or whatever it is. Now THAT's a nice melody to have stuck in your head!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:24 AM  

  • I, too, am in blissful ignorance of the macarena tune. But I appreciate (ha!) the sentiment.

    I have a weird soft spot (in my skull) for Steve Miller. I mean, it's not like I LIKE it, but of all the insipid stoner music out there, it doesn't bug me as much as the rest. I don't blame you if you judge me. I would.

    Re: "fresh hell" - It's easy to have a way with words when you steal the words from Dorothy Parker!

    By Blogger Feemus, at 9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home