This Blog is Stolen Property

Monday, October 29, 2007

When I Grow Up, I Want to be a Congressman

Because congressmen get to do all kinds of important things.

Like censuring 100 year old atrocities.
And debating whether or not Master P should say "ho" so much.
And deciding which month is officially Country Music Month.

Sweet Fancy Moses.

I'm annoyed with Congress. I really don't think they understand that there's a war on.

Anyway, Congress decided NOT to vote on ENDA (the Employment Non-Discrimination Act) last week. They probably had more pressing matters. Perhaps a non-binding resolution against cannibalism. Or a strongly worded condemnation of Hitler (that'll learn him, but good!). Or maybe they just wanted to catch Happy Hour at China Palace.

But I'm not even angry. It's just too predictable.

I'm writing because this is funny. A friend emailed me the link to some guy's site--he (the owner of the site, not my friend) clearly thinks that ENDA is the end of the world and that the gays are carrying the handbasket in which the country is going to hell.

That's not the funny part. The funny part is his banner ads, all of which (at least when I looked at the page) were advertising gay personals, hookup sites, and advocacy groups. Heh.

That's what you get for trying to make a profit off your sanctimony.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home