This Blog is Stolen Property

Thursday, December 28, 2006

"Work" From Home Day!!!

Actually, it's been "work" from home week, with much the same result. Very little work and a lot of dicking around.

Now, often when I work from home, I actually DO work. Without the quotation marks. But some days I am just a useless burden on the earth.

Like today. Or much of this week.

It all seems tediously familar. I've read a lot of blogs. Got caught up on off-season trades (the Mariners picked up Jose Vidro). Went for a jog. Cleaned the house. Dug up some bulbs (we're having a late start to winter). Watched an episode of "The Rockford Files." Jim Rockford is just so cool. Made some soup. Potato leek. Wrote some bullshit post in which I tried to extrapolate some political truth from my lousy memory. Pffft.

None of which is work. Or even close.

I told myself before each of these activities: "Well, after this I will get down to work" or "Finishing this will help me focus on work."

Lies. All lies.

I did answer a couple of "can you tell me when the final is?" emails. And then put my email on autoreply: "Feemus is away from the office. Whatever it is, look on the fucking syllabus. And have a happy fucking New Year."

So now I am really going to get to work. Right after I put plastic up on the windows. That will help me focus...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home